Friday, June 12, 2015

Fired Up!

Where is that joyful and grateful spirit you felt then? I am sure you would have taken out your own eyes and given them to me if it had been possible. Have I now become your enemy because I am telling you the truth? (Galatians 4:15-16 NLT)

Are you joyful? Is your spirit grateful? Are you still on fire for the Lord? Do your actions match your words? 

After years of following Christ, I see so many Christians become stale, worn, and lethargic about their faith. It's so sad! How can you live with the God  of the Universe every day of your life and have a bad  attitude? If you are connected with God, you can't hide his power without sharing. God will supply you with the enthusiasm the focus and the specific ways you can represent him with Joy!

We need to be a soul on fire for the Lord. I know this to be true: The more I serve the more "on fire" I get. I have been blessed to serve with My CMA family these past 5 years. The more I commit to serve the more results I see. The more results I see the more it stirs the fire in me. Staleness is caused by "passivity". It is caused by becoming a Sunday Christian, just wanting to receive and not serve. When I see the working hand of God in my life, I can't help but get FIRED up for Jesus! When I see what he is doing through me I am shocked and humbled. 

Lord, I praise you for YOUR fire that stirs in me. I praise you for the joy of serving and the results I see before my eyes. I ask you Lord to continue to use me to reach others for you and to serve and be open to your leading. I ask you to help me continue to build relationships with the lost. Let them see Jesus in me. Amen!

No comments: