Thursday, June 11, 2015

God can fix it ....................... If you let him!

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20 NLT)

Times get tough. But, I am a strong willed guy. I think I can do it by myself. I think when things get tough I need to come up with a solution. I am a problem solver. But my most effective problem solving strategy is do nothing without the Lord. My loving, wise, Heavenly Father is the ultimate problem solver. 

So, here's my advice. When things get tough and you just don't think you can do it. When you think the stress of your job is too much, your kids hate you, you want a divorce, when you are tired and fly off the handle, and when you are at the end of your rope, turn to the Lord. When life gets so tough you have no where to turn, turn to the word of God, turn to prayer, turn to worshipping the Lord. DON'T JUST DO THE SAME OLD THING. Step up your relationship with Jesus. Take every moment you have to be with the Lord, morning, noon, night, breaks at work, noon time, while you are driving, every waking moment. Seek the Lord. It's one thing to turn your problems over to the Lord. However, if you don't give him the opportunity to teach you and lead you, then are you really turning the problem over to Jesus?

In my 55 years of life, God is there to fix my problems. He always has been. But, my problem is I don't take the time to listen to him and hear his solutions. The solutions are in his word. The solutions are in his "still small voice". The solutions are in worshipping him. I don't say this as some pie in the sky ideal. I say it, I give this advice because I have seen it work directly in my life. It's not some "theory" or some untested hypothesis. It's real. It works. It's the only guaranteed, fool proof, solution to your life's ills. 

Dear Lord, thank you for caring and loving me through life. I am embarrassed when my stubbornness gets in the way of letting you fix my life. I know you have the answers. You have the plan. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn through your word, prayer, and worship. I love you Lord. Thank you for being my problem solver. Amen!

No comments: