Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Complaint about God!

Then Moses added, “The LORD will give you meat to eat in the evening and bread to satisfy you in the morning, for he has heard all your complaints against him. What have we done? Yes, your complaints are against the LORD, not against us.” (Exodus 16:8 NLT)

I can't stand being around people that complain. In schools, the teachers lounge can be a place where teachers go to complain. I'm fortunate to eat lunch with a compassionate group of educators, but sometimes the conversation drifts to complaining. I hate it! Most of it is harmless and is a way for teachers to let off steam, but some of it can be very hurtful for students, fellow colleagues, parents, administrators, kids, spouses, men in general, or women in general. 

This verse from Exodus made me think of those temporary "rant" sessions. Why do we complain? Don't we see, especially for Christians, that we are complaining against God? We might think these complaints are lodged against others, but in reality they are lodged against the one in control of all things. If we have turned our life to him and then complain about what is happening, are we really relinquishing control? We need to realize God does not make mistakes, he has put us where we are, with the people we are with, in the situation we are dealing with. He has a perfect plan for our lives and we need to trust him. We need to trust. Sure, he can handle our complaining, but he longs for us to rest in him, his wisdom, and power, and strength. He wants us to freely give up and rely on him. He knows what he is doing! 

Dear Lord, I'm sorry for my complaining. I'm sorry about my negative attitude toward this life YOU have provided for me. I know you have the perfect plan for my life and you have always been there to get me through even the toughest of times. I DO trust you. I do have faith in your plan. I praise you for your patience and love for me. You are amazing and I am blessed. Amen!

No comments: