Monday, June 1, 2015

Praise God for County Line Church of God!

I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD.” And now here we are, standing inside your gates, O Jerusalem. Jerusalem is a well-built city; its seamless walls cannot be breached. All the tribes of Israel—the LORD’s people— make their pilgrimage here. They come to give thanks to the name of the LORD, as the law requires of Israel. Here stand the thrones where judgment is given, the thrones of the dynasty of David. (Psalms 122:1-5 NLT)

I miss my church. Yes, Stephanie and I have been away from our church quite a bit this spring. We have attended multiple church visits with our Cma family, traveled to DC to honor our vets, and camped with the family. It's been busy and I miss my church. County Line Church of God is home. I am glad, jubilant, when we get to attend a Sunday worship. We have a great pastor, worship leaders, and a loving / caring congregation. That church IS a house of the Lord. But, God calls us to be away. 

I am a servant of the most high God and I will serve him as he is guiding me. Right now that is at school as a teacher, with my Cma family, and with my own family. He calls me away from my home church often and I will obey. But that doesn't mean I don't miss them. I long for a good sermon from Pastor Stu, the wonderful County Line Choir led by Kevin McIntire, and the leadership that serves the congregation. I am blessed beyond belief with this wonderful group of Christians. 

Praise God for great churches and great leaders that help us worship the Lord. If you don't have a church that you TRULY miss when you are gone, find one that you do. Church is not a chore. Church is not an obligation. Church, true worship, is a gift God gives us through great Christians. It is a gift to each of us and God weeps when worship inside and outside the church becomes a burden. Don't let it become stale, old, uninspired, or mundane. Serving the Lord should be a great  joy in your life that is best shared with a group of faithful believers. 

Praise God for County Line Church of God! I hope to see you this Sunday!

No comments: