Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Can't sleep!

I rise early, before the sun is up; I cry out for help and put my hope in your words. I stay awake through the night, thinking about your promise. (Psalms 119:147-148 NLT)

School has been out for nearly 3 weeks and I am still waking up at 5:30 every morning! I'm not sure why. Many times I wake up thinking about things I have to do, but not during the summer. I would like to say I'm waking to think about Gods promises, but that's not always true. However, when I do wake at odd times, I have taken the opportunity to spend time in prayer. It always seems to help. Maybe Gid is waking me for that purpose!

Summer school is over for Stephanie and I at the end of the week and then the real vacation begins. I can't wait for the relaxation, exploring this great country, spending time with the grandkids and, YES, sleeping in. It's time to rejuvenate. It's time to refresh the mind and reconnect with the Lord on a deeper level. It's a right of passage for me every year at this time. I can't wait!

Dear Lord, thank you for summer time and a time to get away. I am blessed to be in your presence wether it is 11 at night, 4 in the morning, or during a busy day. I consider my life blessed because you care for me and want to be with me. Please grant me rest and peace in my time away from school. Renew my soul, watch over my heart. Draw me closer to you and your plan. I Praise you for the great joy in my salvation and the life you have granted me. Amen!


No comments: