Thursday, June 11, 2015

Stubbornness!

Have you experienced so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it? (Galatians 3:4 NLT)

God is in everything. He's in the great times and the bad times of your life. He is my teacher. As I walk through the valleys in life he is with me and comforts me. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Yes, it's true, but do we learn always learn from our experiences? I would say definitely not. I am reading the book of Exodus and the stubborn Israelites. This generation of God's chosen people were particularly stubborn. They personally experienced some of the most miraculous acts of God, yet they whined and complained continuously. They were delivered from slavery, fed, they were given shelter, they were protected from foreign invaders. It was so obvious that God was with them. But, they just didn't get it!

I'm not much different than this stubborn people. I am 55 years old. I have seen the hand of God in my life, directly. I have seen him deliver me from my own sin, over and over again. Yet, my faith still falters. My faith is still not much larger than a mustard seed. Even afte the pure miracles in my life, I try to take over. I try to "help" the God of the universe. How ridiculous is that?

Dear Lord, forgive me for my failings. Forgive me for my tiny faith. I do trust you. I do praise you for how you have watched over me for my entire life. I feel your mighty hand. I see the results of your love. Thank you! Thank You! I will work to make that wonderful love known to those around me, today, and always! AMEN!



No comments: