Monday, June 8, 2015

I need a reminder

This ceremony will be like a mark branded on your hand or your forehead. It is a reminder that the power of the LORD’s mighty hand brought us out of Egypt.” (Exodus 13:16 NLT)

I love studying the word of the Lord. It restores my soul. I read in the evening and each morning. It is a great end and beginning of my day. It is a reminder of the powerful hand of the Lord. 

When I get into a busy day, I have a tendency to put the Lord on the back burner. It takes every ounce of discipline to keep my savior in the forefront of my day. I should have a reminder branded on my hand or on my forehead for others to see. I'm not much different than the stubborn Israelites who saw, first hand, the power of God and forgot so easily. That's why I pray. That's why I study the word. That's why I worship. I need to focus on the Lord as often as possible. Anything I can do to direct my attention to him, the better my life is. 

Praise God, my Lord understands! He longs for me when I'm away and he rejoices when we meet. I am humbled by his presence in my life even when I ignore him. Praise God for that special love he shows me through good times and bad. Thank you Lord!

No comments: