Sunday, June 14, 2015

My flexible God!

So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people. (Exodus 32:14 NLT)

God wanted to bring disaster yo his stubborn people. He was angry. He could have done it AND the Israelites would have deserved it. He didn't! The reason? Moses! Moses interceded with powerful prayers to the creator of the universe. 

God is portrayed as some crazed, narrow minded, dictator. He is not. You can certainly see his flexibility throughout the Bible. But, just as important, you can see his patience reflected in my own life. He listens. He answers prayer. I have rejected him. Ignored him, and he still keeps on loving me. 
He still opens his arms when I return to him. He wants so bad to have a relationship with us, his grace saves us from what we deserve. His patience is eternal.

I serve a powerful, yet extremely loving God. He loves me beyond all I deserve. Thank you Lord for being flexible and listening to me and my cries for help. Thank you for listening and acting on my pleading requests. Thank you for answering my prayers when I can't even put them into words. Amen.

No comments: