Sunday, November 6, 2011

Grade your ministry!

Acts 23

10The dispute became so violent that the commander was afraid Paul would be torn to pieces by them. He ordered the troops to go down and take him away from them by force and bring him into the barracks.
 11 The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, “Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.” 12 The next morning some Jews formed a conspiracy and bound themselves with an oath not to eat or drink until they had killed Paul. 13 More than forty men were involved in this plot.

You can tell Paul was really making an impact in the world, why? Because he was so vigorously challenged by others. He was opposed on so many different levels, from so many different groups of people, because he was being so effective. Yet, he never backed down from the challenge. He not only survived this threat of death, he thrived throughout. I know that God was pleased with his ministry. I would give his ministry excellent marks. In terms of school I would say he deserves an "A".

How effective am I in my ministry? Does the enemy view me as much of a threat? What grade would I be given?  I'm ashamed to say that my ministry is not as effective as it should be. I have not always stepped up to the challenge of the ministry I have been selected. I think it would be generous to get a grade of "D". I'm not proud of that. I need to do more for the Kingdom. 

Dear Lord, Please forgive me my ineffectiveness. Please forgive me for not giving everything I have toward spreading your Gospel. Give me the strength to do your will. Help me to be your hands and feet in this world. I love you and I want to be effective for you. Help me to grow in your wisdom and your love. Amen!

No comments: