Tuesday, November 1, 2011

1 Corinthians 6

 1 If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? 2 Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4 Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? 5 I say this to shame you.

I have been reading this scripture for the last three days trying to let it speak to me. It hasn't until now. Even now, it is off base from the point Paul is trying to make. But, the spirit moves in mysterious ways.

Who do you have to confide in? Do you have someone you go to for WISE counsel? I used to go to my Dad. He was a great Pastor and wise father. I have had close friends over the years that I have been able to open up to and seek counsel. But, at this point in my life I really don't have anyone. I'm not talking about a spouse, that's a different kind of counsel. A husband and wife are so close to each other, (or should be), that they start thinking exactly the same. It's like going to yourself for advice. You need someone else. You need someone more objective and separated from the circumstances. It is important to have a close CHRISTIAN friend to go to for wisdom. You can't just pick anyone. They have to be filled with the spirit and centered on the Lord. They need to be studyers of the word and open to Gods leading. Almost sounds impossible to find doesn't it. Makes me miss my Dad even more than ever.

Lord send me someone to counsel with. All Christians need that someone. But wait! Thank YOU for being there for me in lieu of a human counselor. You are the great counselor. Why would I need anyone else but you? I thank you for being the great listener. Thank you for prompting me to follow the wise path. Thank you for never giving up on me and not giving me what I deserve. Praise God for your wisdom, power, love and WISE COUNSEL!

No comments: