Sunday, November 13, 2011

Deer Encounters!

1 Corinthians 10

 11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation[c] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[d] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[e] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

It's the middle of November and I had the great joy of riding "Harley" in two parades on Saturday for Veterans Day. THe weather was a little chilly in the morning, but it was wonderful most of the day. The riding days for 2011 are certainly numbered. We may not have many left. It also happens to be deer hunting season. November and December are peak deer accident season. While riding on Saturday, I couldn't help but think about the possibility.

My closest encounter with a Deer was about 7 years ago. I had my Goldwing and went to a sectional girls soccer game. On my way back, along Hwy 18, I saw farmers taking out corn in fields on both sides of the road. Suddenly, I also saw a big buck flee from the corn field into my path. It all happened so quickly. The deer saw me and I saw him CLOSE UP! He put his two front hooves straight down to brake himself (about 6 inches from my leg). I went to accelerate and veer to the left. He slowed just enough to let me by, as he jumped over my saddel bags and rear trunk. He snapped off my rear antenna and took the paint off the top of the trunk. I just kept on going, shaking but safe!

One of the best safety tips for riding Harley is: Keep alert! Always be alert for a potential accident and prepare an escape route. You should know what's behind you, in front of you and coming from each side. You have to plan an escape route for every situation. You need to constanly think what will I do if????? God provided for my safety that night. He gave me a way out and I was kept safe. He will do the same when it comes to temptation. you are not going to encounter something God isn't prepared for. He will always be in control and have an escape route for you. All you have to do is rely on him. If you truly claim him as the Lord of your life, you will have nothing to fear. He will see you through every crisis. Rely on him!

No comments: