Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank You for you!

1 Thessalonians 1

 2 We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. 3 We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.


I'm not sure people realize the value of positive words of encouragement. It really doesn't matter if they come from family, friends, coworkers, bosses, or strangers. Everyone appreciates when someone talks well about them. Today is Thanksgiving Day. It's a great time to tell PEOPLE how much you appreciate them. There are no rules here except to be sincere. It always helps to be as specific as you can. There's nothing wrong with saying you appreciate someone, but what about them do you appreciate? It costs you nothing but it is valued more than any gift purchased on Black Friday.


 I am Thankful for my family. Specifically, I am so thankful they all Love the Lord and have made worshipping him a big part of their family. I am so thankful God has blessed me with a wonderful wife for 33 years. She is the greatest blessing I have ever received from God. Like all of my blessings, I don't deserve her and thank God every day for her love.


I am Thankful for YOU. You help motivate me to stay in God's word. YOU help me to meditate and consider what God is saying to me. This Blog is a place where God speaks to me. I pray those of you who read these posts are also open to the voice of God. Thank YOU!


Dear Lord, I am thankful for my family every day, not just on Thanksgiving. Thank you for giving them a faith they put in action every day. Thank You for the Love they share and the hope they live in winning others to your kingdom. Thank You for speaking to me through your word. Thank you for the Spirit which guides my life. You are an amazing and wonderful God. You are creator and savior for all mankind. Thank you for your grace and promises for eternity!
Thank you Lord! Amen!



No comments: