Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanks Steph, you're amazing!

1 Corinthians 7

 10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

I can't imagine not being married to my great wife. I'm not just saying that for bonus points. (LOL!) Stephanie and I have been married for over 33 years. I can truly say we have never even considered separating or divorcing. It hasn't even been a "hint" of a thought. Not that we haven't had our disagreements, we have. Not that our lives have been a Utopia, it hasn't. But we made a commitment to each other. We Love each other and have grown together. Our lives have been an adventure ordained by God and it's God that has kept us together.

I just don't understand how people can make commitments and then just discard them so easily. Divorce and separation are more the norm than the exception in our society. When things don't go well, when rough patches come up, it is easy to just give up and start over. It's easy to just walk away. Waling away and giving up seldom solves the problem. I have noticed that the rougher my life gets, the more I value my great wife. Marriage is hard work. It's give and take. It's a joint venture between two people who love each other and say they are willing to work to follow through with the lifetime commitment. 

Those that have stuck with it, reap rewards that are amazing. I Love my wife and enjoy handling the challenges we face together. I can't imagine going through life without her. Thank you God for blessing me with a wonderful wife. Thank Steph, you're amazing!

No comments: