Thursday, November 10, 2011

A FREEDOM WORTH DYING FOR!

1 Corinthians 9

 19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 


Tomorrow is Veterans Day. The greatest freedom I have is the freedom to worship the Lord Jesus Christ. This freedom has been earned with the blood of service men all over the world. I know we spend a lot of time talking about defending democracy and I am proud to be a part of this country. On Tuesday, I spent time going to the voting booth just to vote for Mayor. But, the freedom I cherish the most is more precious than the right to vote. The freedom I can't live without is the freedom to OPENLY develop my relationship with Christ and to encourage others to do the same. THERE IS NO FREEDOM GREATER! It is a freedom worth dying for. 


The veterans in our military deserve to be honored, not just tomorrow, but every day because they have unselfishly defended my right to love the Lord. We should use our freedoms to share the Gospel with as many as we can. We should cash in this freedom and become slaves to the message of Christ. What good is this freedom if we don't use it for the kingdom. 


Tomorrow do two things. First honor our veterans in a special way. Do it like you have never done it before. Personally thank them for your freedom. The Second thing you need to do is share that freedom by sharing the gospel message with someone who needs it. You have the freedom to share. Don't waste it!


Praise God for our Troops!

No comments: