Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pride in Family!

Acts 21

 4 We sought out the disciples there and stayed with them seven days. Through the Spirit they urged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem. 5 When it was time to leave, we left and continued on our way. All of them, including wives and children, accompanied us out of the city, and there on the beach we knelt to pray. 6 After saying goodbye to each other, we went aboard the ship, and they returned home.
I love my family. I loved watching them grow up and I love watching their families grow up. I am most proud of one thing............ they all know and have a relationship with the Lord AND they have passed that same love to their kids. Last week, my four year old granddaughter was asked an interesting question at her preschool. Every week her teacher asks the kids a question. They go around the circle and answer. They keep track of the answers on a tally sheet. The question of the week was, "Do you believe in God?" most kids answered yes. A few answered no. When it came around to my granddaughter, she affirmed confidently that she believed in God. But, she didn't stop there. She went on to ask, "How can you not believe in God? He made everything!" I couldn't be more proud of her and her wise words shared with her classmates. I share the exact same feelings. I just don't know how people can NOT believe in God. His pwer in our lives is so obvious. He is everywhere.

I am so proud of my daughters because there faith is such an important part of their lives, they have made it a point to share it with their kids. It is a part of their everyday life. In our society, that is becoming less and less normal.  I am more and more concerned that God is no longer the center of family life in America. We are so worried about offending people with our faith, we don't even make it a key part of our families. I always wanted my kids to chose for themselves. I have prayed they would not fall away, but grow closer and closer to God. Stephanie and I spent many hours involved at church. Not grudgingly but with joy. Our friends were at church. Their friends were at church. We never woke up dreading to go to church. They never expressed the desire to skip church. They loved it. Youth groups. plays, musicals, puppets, lock-ins, church camp, and more were just a big part of their lives. I am so lucky. My prayers have been answered. They have chosen and they choose to follow God.  


Thank You Lord for Kelley, Lindsae, and McKenzie. I am blessed to have them as my daughters. I am proud to know they follow you with all their hearts. Thank You for sending them in my life. I don't deserve them, but you gave them anyway. Praise God!

No comments: