Sunday, October 9, 2011

Coincidence?

Acts 16

 25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose. 27 The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul shouted, “Don’t harm yourself! We are all here!”
 29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

How lucky for Paul and Silas! It just happens that there was a violent earthquake that was strong enough for the prison doors to fly open, the chains to fall off, and they were not injured. How amazing. What a coincidence!

The rest of the story is that the jailer accepted the gospel message and his whole household was saved. 

There is nothing on this earth that is by chance. God has set all things in motion and is in complete control of all things. There are no coincidences. There is no such thing as Luck. I committed my life to Christ when I was 12 years old. I asked God to take over my life and to fill me with his spirit. I haven't always been a great servant. But God has always been in charge and he has brought me to where I am right now. He planned me to be married to Stephanie. He planned my career moves. (I would never have believed what I have done and am doing.) He has planned my family and their families. He is in charge and knows what he is doing. I can take no credit for the blessings I have received. He is my savior and has wonderful plans for me still. 

Why don't you ask him to take over your life and see where his plans will send you? He created the universe an he created you. What makes you think he doesn't have a plan for your life. Give him a chance and just see his power revealed!

No comments: