Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I don't take care of myself!

1 Corinthians 3

 16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

I started running again today. The fall athletic season is finally slowing down. I am working on getting ready for the winter season, but it's not nearly as busy as the fall and spring. So, Stephanie and I went to the Running Store yesterday. I got some running shoes and today I took off for a run after school. It felt so good. I know many of you are saying that running is a wasted activity and people who LOVE running are crazy. Well, I'm crazy then! My whole family must be crazy. I have two daughters that love running. (Kelly would love it if she could!) My granddaughter just finished her first year of Cross Country and SHE LOVES IT. I love running, but when I get so busy and wrapped up in my life it always gets put on the back burner. I could find time to do it, but I choose not to. I NEED to run. I'm a diabetic. I have high cholesterol and I'm over weight. Running is necessary for my health. I know it, but I haven't run for over 2 years.

Does that sound familiar? How many of us use the same excuse for not Praying, or Studying God's Word, or Worshipping? We need to worship, pray, and study for our health. I'm not just talking about our spiritual health. I believe doing these things improves the quality of our life and our PHYSICAL HEALTH. God has designed our bodies, minds, and spirit to work best when we are close to him. He has built this Temple we live in, in order to be with him and serve his purposes. But, we get so busy and wrapped up in our busy lives, he is the first to get dropped. God wants a relationship with us. I have found that when I start running and getting in shape, it is addictive. I have also found the more I spend in the word of God or praying or attending my church, the more I want too. So, dust off that Bible, spend some quiet time with the Lord, reconnect with a house of worship and see you health improve. You need to take care of yourself and while you're at it, go out and run a couple miles!LOL!

No comments: