Sunday, October 16, 2011

Don't rely on me!

1 Corinthians 2

 1 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a] 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

I can certainly relate to what Paul was sharing. I have written this Blog for over a year. I have taught Sunday School Class. I have been a Christian since I was 13 years old and I have REALLY studied God's word for about 11 years. But, I am neither eloquent or full of wisdom. All I can say that these words come from my heart and my heart belongs to Jesus. I am selfish in my feelings about this blog. It started out, selfishly, just for me and for the most part it continues for that purpose. But, if it can be helpful to anyone in their walk with the Lord, it is worth it. 

I started this blog as a way to make me accountable to my study of the word. If you've never written for someone else, you should try it. It really makes you think about what you are saying. Not that I have said all the right things, I am no scholar. I really fear I might say something that would hinder someone following Christ. 

Christ is doing a good work in me. I am not where I should be. But, I am moving closer to Christ. I pray that he can use me and my weaknesses for his purpose. Even with these words, I hope he can use them to further his kingdom. I'm not looking for followers of this blog. I'm looking for followers of Christ.  Don't rely on me to provide some great wisdom. Read the word for yourself, let it speak to you how it will. Let your heart be open to the power of the creator of the universe.

No comments: