Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I get knocked down!

Acts 14

 19 Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. 20 But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. The next day he and Barnabas left for Derbe.

Paul is amazing. He gets stoned by some Jews. He gets knocked down, but he gets right back up and gets back in the game. How many of us would have done that? I certainly have had that happen to me. Some people intentionally take people down. Some people do it without even thinking about it. Still other people know exactly what they're doing and enjoy it. 
I'm not sure why I keep getting up. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a "Rocky" movie and my corner keeps telling me to stay down. I'm bloody, bruised, and mentally exhausted. But, for some reason, I keep getting up and doing the same things I've been doing. I'm either stupid or driven. I'm not sure which (please don't answer that)

God is always in my corner and he is the one who keeps encouraging me not to give up. He stays with me when I'm beaten, battered and abused. He is my "fight doctor". He heals me and keeps me in the fight and he has miraculous powers to heal me. I'm sure he was doing the same thing for Paul. He was beaten physically, but God was there to put him back together and helped him get back in the game. Ask him. God will do the same thing for you. He doesn't want us to give-in to evil. He wants us to keep over coming the enemy.Endurance will win in the end!

No comments: