Saturday, September 17, 2011

My aching Body!

Romans 7--  22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

My body is getting old. When we have home football games, my body is always so sore on Saturday? Sometimes it even lingers to Sunday! Today is no different. I hauled about 100 cases of pop this week, painted the football field, set-up tents, tables, chairs, and set the sideline tarps, plus all the regular duties of homecoming, volleyball and soccer games. I got up this morning to do a little cleanup at the field and went to watch my grandaughter in her Cross Country Meet. All this PHYSICAL activity has caught up to me and I just had to take a LONG nap this afternoon. I meant to sleep for an hour and slept for 3 hours. (It felt good!) When I finally got up, I could barely move. Every bone in my body aches. I feel like I'm about 70 years old.

As I get older and older this "wretched body" needs some serious rescue. Spiritually, I need the same rescue. My spiritual body is also weak. I constantly fight and weary from the battle over sin. Like Paul I know what I should do, but have a hard time doing it. Praise God that he provides the strength and the healing for my sinful nature. What he did on the cross defeats the sin within me. I am healed through Christ. 

It's going to take some time to heal my body. My heart will also be healed, in time, and I will get to spend eternity with my savior. The ultimate healing will be mine.

No comments: