Monday, September 19, 2011

PEACE AND LIFE!

Romans 8

 5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

Have you ever met anyone "Hostile" to God. If you spend all your Christian life in Church you probably haven't. But trust me, there are people hostile to God. They hate the Church, they hate the "institution" and they hate anyone who is associated with it.  They view Christ as the enemy to fun and living a full life. They don't know what they're missing. These same people also have a tendency being hostile toward anyone who disagrees with them. They hate their bosses. They hate their families. They hate their life. 

I know what the Bible says about life with Christ. "The mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace." If you've read this blog you know that my life is not always full of peace. But, I can tell you that I AM at Peace even through the tough times. I am completely amazed that I can remain at peace even when I feel the stress and pressure all around me. That has not always been true. But, the more I grow toward Christ, the more I grow in Peace. I may be asked to make some serious decisions over the next several months and yet I AM AT PEACE. I have been through so many troubling times, and survived. I am at complete peace. I do not feel hostile toward my enemies or those that are against me. I am at peace about who they are and what they are doing. I am at Peace because I am focusing on the Spirit. I can't imagine going through life feeling hostility toward other people and certainly can't imagine feeling hostility toward my creator. I am looking forward to eternal life with my God. I do not fear death because in Christ I will not see death. Peace and Life. Peace AND Life! PEACE AND LIFE!

No comments: