Friday, September 23, 2011

A little Knowledge can be dangerous!

Romans 10

 1 Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. 2For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. 3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
 5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.”[a] 6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’”[b] (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’”[c] (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”[d]that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:


I'm not a biblical scholar, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express! I love those commercials. A little knowledge is definitely dangerous when it comes to knowing the word of God. So many people think they are experts. I have found my knowledge of the scriptures is changing all the time. Just when I think I have read it all, I am hit with something new. The Bible is the living word of God. It is not something to be mastered. As your life changes, the Bible changes with you. 

We need to be zealous for the word of God. We need to keep the word near us. We need to read it and live it with our hearts. Our faith is not really faith if we are not close to the word of God. I have gotten so I can spot a "Wordless" Christian a mile away. They speak in cliches, religious speak, and don't really have the word in their heart. READ GODS WORD! READ IT! STUDY IT! LIVE IT! Don't just rely on what you've heard. Don't be spoon fed on Sunday mornings. Chew on the words yourself. Open your heart to the Holy Spirit speaking to you THROUGH the word of God. Not many really give it a chance. I can speak from personal experience that I can't get enough because how it speaks to me where I am right now. It speaks to every situation I have ever faced. Wether Good times or Bad. Through loss or gain. It is alive. It is relevant. It is real! 

No comments: