Saturday, September 10, 2011

The PROOF!

Acts 4

 13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus. 14 But since they could see the man who had been healed standing there with them, there was nothing they could say. 15 So they ordered them to withdraw from the Sanhedrin and then conferred together. 16 “What are we going to do with these men?” they asked. “Everyone living in Jerusalem knows they have performed a notable sign, and we cannot deny it. 17 But to stop this thing from spreading any further among the people, we must warn them to speak no longer to anyone in this name.”

I have a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics. I loved teaching Math. I especially loved teaching Geometry with all of it's postulates, theorems, and proofs. My mind is wired for Math. That part of me, created by God, is also a big reason why I am a follower of Christ!? Yep, I can prove Christ is who he says he is. 

Today I attended a motorcycle event called "Ride for Recovery". This event is organized by the area county drug and alcohol rehab organizations. At the end of the ride we got to hear the testimony of 4 men. These men know the power of a real GOD because they have seen it. To hear their stories. To hear how they came to be sober and clean from drugs is literally a miracle with no explanation except GOD. To hear how they all, skeptically, came to rely on God to keep them sober is proof enough for anyone. They all had experiences where they tried with God, were successful. Then they forgot God and failed. Then tried with God again and were successful again. They know why they are sober. They know why it's so important for them to keep God at the center of their lives.

I can also tell you, with my own life, why I am where I am right now. I can tell you how I've gotten through tough times. I can tell you how a handle my struggles. It's GOD. I am Proof. These men are Proof. GOD IS REAL. 

Turn to him now. Ask him in your heart. Ask forgiveness of your sins. Ask him to change you from inside out. He's real. I am the Proof!

No comments: