Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where would Jesus preach?

Acts 11

 9 “The voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’ 10This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again.....................

 15 “As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: ‘John baptized with[a] water, but you will be baptized with[b] the Holy Spirit.’ 17 So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?”
 18 When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life.”

After Jesus death and resurrection, the disciples started preaching to the gentiles, or non-jewish, people. It wasn't easy. It was so against there upbringing. But, slowly the Holy Spirit changed them. If it weren't for that change, you and I would not be followers today. 

Who are the present day gentiles? Who are the people no one wants to preach to? What group of people do christians ignore? I think one of those groups are bikers, drug dealers, hookers, drunks, addicts, and the like. Don't you think Jesus himself would go to preach to these people. I don't think he would spend as much time in churches as we do. I think he would go to them. Who needs him more? Where are you being called to preach? Where would Jesus want you to preach? Find it and GO!

No comments: