Sunday, May 29, 2011

Know God!

Psalm 99 (New International Version)

7 He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud; they kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them.8 LORD our God, you answered them; you were to Israel a forgiving God, though you punished their misdeeds.[a] 9 Exalt the LORD our God and worship at his holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy.


My family is everything to me. We love each other and understand each other like no one else can. I spent the day with my youngest daughter and middle daughter. They know their Dad pretty well. I think I know them pretty well too. When you spend nearly 30 years of your life with a group of people (family), you get to know each other in every way possible. That's the same way with God and Israel. That family of faith have been together for centuries, they know each other. Since Israel knew God so well, they accept all that is given them. Israel knows God as a forgiving God but they also know him as fair and just. They had to face consequences of their wrong doing. Regardless what punishment they get, they still worshipped God and knew him as Holy.

I may not know God as well as the nation of Israel, but I am growing in that understanding more and more each year. I know my misdeeds have to be punished. I accept that more now than ever. As I know God better, I understand myself better also. I see the Grace he shows me more than the punishment. I guess it's because I know what punishment I deserve and God has shown his grace over that punishment.

Thank You Lord for your grace and forgiveness. I love you and worship you now and forever!

No comments: