Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My God is not like me!

Psalm 94 (New International Version)

9 Does he who fashioned the ear not hear?
   Does he who formed the eye not see? 
10 Does he who disciplines nations not punish?
   Does he who teaches mankind lack knowledge? 
11 The LORD knows all human plans;
   he knows that they are futile.



Our minds are so limited. We think of God on such basic terms. God is so beyond our comprehension. Yet, we still think of him in terms of our humanness. God doesn't have ears. He doesn't need them. God does not need eyes, he sees all at all times, nothing is secret from him. He is the ultimate judge. He knows all. His thoughts are not like our thoughts. His dreams and plans are not my plans. God sent his son Jesus to this Earth so WE could relate better to him, not that he needed to relate better to us. He know us so much better than we know ourselves. He laughs at our limited view of life and our grand plans. He is not like me. He is God, I am not.

I am so glad I worship a God who is so much MORE than I am. I could not worship a small "Human" god. I worship the Creator of the universe. I worship a God that created the Grand Canyon, the depths of the oceans, and the heights of the Himalayas. I worship a God that has involved himself in my life by blessing me beyond my wildest dreams. I worship a God who doesn't have to listen to my prayers but does anyway. I worship a God who is with me every step of every day. He has sent his angels to help us. He wants to be with me for eternity. There is none other like him.  

No comments: