Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stormy Nights!

Psalm 97 (New International Version)


Psalm 97

 1 The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad;
   let the distant shores rejoice.
2 Clouds and thick darkness surround him;
   righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.
3 Fire goes before him
   and consumes his foes on every side.
4 His lightning lights up the world;
   the earth sees and trembles. 

I used to love thunderstorms and spring rains. Now that my job relies on good weather, the thrill of spring storms is gone. I have also seen so much spring destruction over the last few weeks, I am sure those people don't enjoy spring storms anymore. 

I learned a song last year at the CMA No Borders Rally. "Sometimes you've got to ride in the Rain." The truth is, if you only ride motorcycles when the weather is good, you might as well sell the bike. Storms, turmoil, stress, pain and sadness are all a part of life. The people of Alabama or the people of Joplin, Missouri are all in a lot of pain right now. The tornados and the destruction are more than they can take. I know it may seem shallow, but I truly believe if they turn it all to Jesus, he will help them recover. I'm not always the best at taking that advice. But, I am a witness to tell you that the power of our risen savior is more than Earthquake, Tsunami, Tornado, or Hurricane.He will give us the strength. He will help us survive. 

Thank You Lord for the storms of this life. I don't want to face them, but I grow everytime I face them. I could not survive them without you. You are the sunshine before, during, and after the storms of this life. Praise God you care enough to be there when we are in pain. Amen!


No comments: