Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Are you New?

Psalm 96 (New International Version)

 1 Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. 

2 Sing to the LORD, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.
3 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.

I have written, since August, 468 Posts to my 2 blog sites. It is not always easy to write something new and original. I am sure I have covered several topics more than once and I'm sure I will do it again. Sometimes it's hard for me to focus on the verses of the day because it sounds so much like the one I read yesterday. Like songs on the radio, sometimes the songs all sound alike. Every once in a while someone will come up with a new sound, but for the most part, they are the same old thing. 

But, don't you think the Lord of all creation, the creator of the universe and Lord of our lives, deserves something new. We, meaning I, need to keep from getting in a rut. We need to worship God with a new song or some new adventure. God does not want the same old boring stuff, he wants to see our lives changed and in the mean time, be made NEW. That new means we are forever transformed into a NEW us! God wants that!  

Don't get into a rut of the same old worship. Try a new approach. Attend a different church for a Sunday. Worship God in a different way and maybe with different people. Don't get stuck in a rut. Be new! Pray in a new way. Sing a new song! Praise God! we are made new!

No comments: