Saturday, May 7, 2011

Where were you born?

Psalm 87 (New International Version, ©2011)

 1 He has founded his city on the holy mountain.
2 The LORD loves the gates of Zion
   more than all the other dwellings of Jacob.
 3 Glorious things are said of you,
   city of God:[a]
4 “I will record Rahab[b] and Babylon
   among those who acknowledge me—
Philistia too, and Tyre, along with Cush[c]
   and will say, ‘This one was born in Zion.’”[d]
5 Indeed, of Zion it will be said,
   “This one and that one were born in her,
   and the Most High himself will establish her.”
6 The LORD will write in the register of the peoples:
   “This one was born in Zion.”
 7 As they make music they will sing,
   “All my fountains are in you.”

Where were you born? I have a special fondness in my heart for Muncie, Indiana and Ball Memorial Hospital. That's my birthplace. It's kind of funny that we hold our birthplace in such high regard. What do you remember of your birth? I can tell you I was there,...........but I don't remember a thing! But, it is okay to be sentimental about your birthplace. God is proud of Zion! or Jerusalem! Jerusalem is the birthplace of our Christian birth.

God is sentimental about this Holy City because it is here where his plans have all come together. It it the place where our "Spiritual Birth" began. We are so sentimental about being Born Again. I can tell you that I remember more about my second birth than my first. I was at Junior High Church Camp at Camp Adventure in Epworth. What a wonderful camp. It still holds a special place in my heart. It is here that I truly began my life. I began a life with my Savior and a life that has been a great adventure full of the blessings of God. Praise God he has chosen me. Through his grace and not anything I have done. Praise God!

No comments: