Thursday, May 26, 2011

I need my joy back!

Psalm 98:7 Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy;

I'm 3weeks away from my 2011 vacation, not that I am counting down the days! This verse gives me the feel of vacation and traveling through the mountains by a winding stream with beautiful scenery all around. As I approach the end of most school years, I am worn out. I don't feel much like clapping my hands for joy or singing praises for joy. This year has been exceptionally busy and as stressful as I have had in my 18 or so years of education. I have had years like this before, but not to this magnitude. In the month of May alone i have hosted 2 softball torunaments, 2 baseball tournaments, and 2 track invitatiothings if you ad to that the record rainfall and record game rescheduling, I'm worn out.

When things aren't going well for me, I find it important to focus on the future. I need to focus on something I can look forward to and use that to drive me forward. This time of year and particularly this year I am looking forward to getting away on vacation. I want to be able to feel the songs of joy come back into my heart. I want to be able to clap my hands in celebration. Right now I can't do that, but I look forward to the time I can. Thank You Lord for providing a future for me to look forward to

No comments: