Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gods Work -- My Work!

Psalm 90 (New International Version)

 17 May the favor[a] of the Lord our God rest on us;
   establish the work of our hands for us—
   yes, establish the work of our hands.



I have had several jobs in my life. I am guessing more than most. When I graduated from High School, I got married and went to college right away. I was bored so I quit and went to work. I got a job in the Cable Television Industry. I had several jobs there and moved up the ladder all along the way. When Steph and I moved back to Indiana, my priorities began to change and decided to go into education to work with young people. I have taught at 2 different schools, then got into administration and have been in administration in 2 schools.

It is truly amazing to me how God has directed my path through the years. I can track myself from one job to another and one career to another. I quickly realize that God has been in control. If I map my career and it's twists and turns there is no way I could engineer it. It is almost unbelievable that one position led to another and another and another until now. If we try to calculate the odds I would end up Athletic Director at Garrett High School, you have no other choice but to give credit to God.

I praise God that he has established the work of my hands. He has designed the career path I am on. He designed it specifically for me. When I gave my life to Christ, I gave not only my "Faith Life" but all my earthly life, including my career. He has taken my committment and designed this adventure for his glory and his purposes. I know I am an Athletic Director right now. But, I can expect that my life is not over yet and there will be other twists and turns. I look forward to the unexpected. I can accept all things God sends me because I know he has a perfect plan for me and my life. Praise God!

No comments: