Monday, May 16, 2011

Gods Green Thumb!

Psalm 92 (New International Version)

 12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
   they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; 
13 planted in the house of the LORD,
   they will flourish in the courts of our God. 
14 They will still bear fruit in old age,
   they will stay fresh and green, 
15 proclaiming, “The LORD is upright;
   he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”



It's spring time and that means I need to work on sprucing up the outside of the house. It is a lot of work but Stephanie and I love to plant flowers. Every year we add something to the outside to improve the landscaping. But, I can't say either one of us has a "Green Thumb". As a matter of fact we have killed our share of plants. We have two plants that stand on either side of our Garage. We don't have any luck here at all. We have sent many a plant to it's premature death in these two spots. I'm about ready to give up. I can say we planted a Rose bush last year that grew at an amazing rate and survived the winter to continue growing. But, the rest of the flower beds have more weeds than flowers right now. Hopefully, we can get things looking nice over the Memorial Day weekend. If we get our mulch, purchase our flowers, the outside will look great. Now it just looks terrible.

God is the best at landscaping. I have traveled throughout this country and nothing I can do would ever come close to the great Beauty God has given us. He is an artist like none other. He is the same way with us. He is an artist when it comes to sculpting and molding us into the people he wants us to be. He knows when to prune. He knows when to fertilize and when to step back and just leave it alone. He knows when we need fed and when we need nourishment. He keeps us from being ravaged by beasts and pests. God is the master gardner.

We are the work of his hands. I praise you Lord for tending to my growth. Thank you for your patience and thank you for your tender care throughout my life. I hope to bloom for you. I hope to bear fruit for your kingdom. Thank You Lord. Amen!

No comments: