Friday, March 2, 2018

What will you do to be liked?

John15:18“If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. 

It's always possible for someone to hate me. I am not sure why and I can't think of anyone that reaches the level of hate in our relationship. I guess I am glad I can't think of anyone. The thought of someone hating me, bothers me. I think most people want to be liked.

The problem is not wanting to be liked. The problem lies in WHAT WILL YOU DO TO BE LIKED? To what ends will you change your thoughts, words, and/or actions to be liked by the world. In Christ, I will not change. I love being in ministry. I love being "out there" in the world and just loving people. I love trying to be a role model for an authentic follower of Christ. I want to make sure there is no question about where my heart lies. My faith in Christ is number one in my life. It's not always easy to live IN the world and not be a part of it. We can not let the sinfulness of this world and our own sinfulness to overcome us. The temptations of life are always there. The draw and the allure of materialism, power, and pride surround us. We are chosen to be a part of God's kingdom. WE don't have to fight the temptations of life on our own. We have Jesus. We have God the Father and we have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I am so thankful to have the Lord on my side keeping me safe, and guide my steps. 

No comments: