Saturday, March 3, 2018

Abandoning the Lord?

John 16:1“I have told you these things so that you won’t abandon your faith. 2For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God.

They laid a great servant of the Lord to rest this week. One of my favorite Billy Graham quotes is:

 "I have never known anyone to accept Christ's redemption and later regret it."

I can't imagine rejecting or abandoning my faith. However, every day I see Christians ACT as though they have rejected their faith. I, too, have rejected the direction of the Lord in charting my own life. The Lord has provided the guiding of the Holy Spirit to help us. Are you listening? If you are listening, are you acting on that guidance?  If you are not, you are rejecting your faith, the Lord you accepted as your savior. 

Rejection of your faith comes in many forms. This week in church I had a thought to invite two different people to two different CMA events. I got busy and didn't do it. By not following the leading of the SPIRIT, I rABANDONED my faith. Our rejections usually come in subtle ways. We do not pray for what we need. WE pray for selfish reasons. Our motivations are not pure. We focus on ourselves instead of serving others. WE JUST IGNORE THE VOICE OF THE LORD. All of these "little" things are rejections of or abandoning our faith. 

We need to rededicate our lives to the Lord. We need to open our hearts to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I am not any different. 

Dear Lord, Forgive me for my rejection of the faith. I Love you and the weakness of my faith disappoints me. I have been a follower of yours for over 45 years. I should not be this weak. I love you and vow to strengthen my service to you. Amen!

No comments: