Friday, March 9, 2018

One way

“Again he said, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.””
‭‭John‬ ‭20:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jhn.20.21.nlt

That’s pressure! We are called to the exact same mission as Jesus! We are to sacrifice everything to bring others to the Lord. We are called to a life of love and service to others. When we serve the Lord, we will experience a true peace in our lives.

Peace comes in service to others.

I have seen this to be true in my own life. When I dedicate myself to serving others, building relationships, demonstrating the love of Christ, life is good. I sleep better, my stress level is extremely low, and joy fills each day. When I focus on me, my own agenda, and the things of this world, my life becomes complicated, chaotic, and filled with tension. When I am focused on me, my relationships with others become more about power than service. It’s about using others instead of caring and loving others. Life in Christ, service,  is the answer to the stress filled, contentious world.

We all want peace. There is only one way.

Jesus!

No comments: