Thursday, March 8, 2018

No rocking chair for us

““Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jhn.15.5.nlt

Apart from the Lord, I can do nothing!

I am so excited about the path the Lord has laid before me. I am not heading toward retirement to sit in some rocking chair and melt into nothingness. The Lord is calling Stephanie and I. We really don’t know specifics. We trust in him and are working hard to free our lives of restrictions. When he calls we want to be able to go. We don’t want debt, jobs, houses, or geography to keep us from going where we are called.

I praise the Lord for the burden he has placed on our hearts to serve the lost in ministry. We don’t want to minister from a church pew. We will GO. We will go to dark places. We will go to bring light to the lives of those that have lost hope. We want to share Jesus directly with the world. Churches are wonderful. Worship in a brick and mortar building is a key part of my life. At County Line, I feel the spirit and may be the main reason I feel pushed to go out into the world.  But, the lost aren’t sitting in church pews on Sunday morning. If we truly want to change the world we must go to the lost.

Praise God for the future is as bright as the light of the Lord!

No comments: