Monday, March 12, 2018

There is no debate!

“King David said this about him: ‘I see that the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises! My body rests in hope.”
‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭2:25-26‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/act.2.25-26.nlt

I overheard a discussion at school last week. I was not a part of the discussion and did not interfere with my colleague discussing the idea of the trinity. I heard a student claim they could not be a Christian because the trinity didn’t make sense. I thought about that while reading these verses. Maybe it’s just an attitude. But the idea of God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is so basic to my faith.

To me, it’s easy to reconcile the Trinity. I have heard people and I have tried to explain this concept in terms of our lives. We have compared the trinity to our own different roles played every day. We try to fit God in our human box. There is so much we just don’t know. I don’t understand how God can be omnipresent. I don’t understand how he could exist before time began. Yet, I still believe and I have gotten to the point in my life where I don’t need to know. I can witness to the fact I have known God as father. I know him as Jesus and completely believe he came to Earth and died for me. I also feel his presence in my life every day. That he fills my heart, I sense him, is a fact I can not deny. Exactly how that works is just not clear. I just know it to be true,

I do not need to explain everything about God. He is God. How could I even imagine to know and understand completely his presence. I can only know for certain how God reveals himself in my life. He is real. He is present and he is active in my life. There is no debate. There is no doubt. I am so very blessed to have the creator of the Universe as friend, counselor, and ever present help in times of trouble.

No comments: