Sunday, March 11, 2018

There is NO BACK UP PLAN!

ACTS 1:8 -- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Can you imagine being there? These are the last words of Jesus here on Earth! We all think of:

Matthew 28:19 NLT 


I love and live both of these verses. We have our marching orders from our King. Telling us to go, Jesus did not just leave us alone to serve. He promised to be with us and send the Holy Spirit to be our constant advisor. He charged us with our most important task "...you will be MY witnesses". I have heard many of  my fellow Christians say that GOD does not need us. Yes, God has the power to do all things. BUT, he chooses to use US. He could send his Angels. He himself could appear to show his power and might. He chooses to use US, sinners, to demonstrate his love, mercy, and grace.  He has given us the power, through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. As a matter of fact, I do not believe he has a back up plan. We are it!  If we do not go to the world to share his message of saving grace. They will not hear it. If we do not plant the seeds, water, and tend to the needs of the lost, no one will. God has exclusively called us to be his witness. He had charged us ALONE to bring the entire world to JESUS. I don't know about you, but I am entirely humbled by that charge. I am emboldened by the trust the Lord has in me, in us. 






What are you doing to take the GOSPEL TO THE WORLD!?








No comments: