Friday, November 10, 2017

Trafficking in unlived Truth

“This was because Ezra had determined to study and obey the Law of the Lord and to teach those decrees and regulations to the people of Israel.”
‭‭Ezra‬ ‭7:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/ezr.7.10.nlt



Study - Obey - Teach , that should be our mission. Ezra had it right. I read a devotion where Dwight L. Moody was credited with saying "....... the greatest tragedy of his day was that Christian leaders attempted to traffic in unlived truth." Unfortunately this is still true today. I know I'm not perfect but I am trying to live what I study. I spend some  time, nearly every day, studying and reflecting on the word of the Lord.  That means absolutely nothing if I don't actually live what I study. I can't say how much time people spend reading the Bible but I can see if they are living it and the can see if I'm doing the same thing. It might be even worse if I don't try to teach others and share my experience in living my life of Christ . 

The Lord has done wonderful things for me, All of which I don't deserve. He has blessed me with family, friends, career, and fun in my life. He has led me through tragedy. He has led me through joyous celebration. He has led me through stress and calm. He has walked with me and YES spoken to me through his words. I treasure the times I have spent studying the word of the Lord. I look forward to those messages showing up in the things I do every day. I need to continue to live his word, be an example to others, and share his impact on my life. I need to follow the example of Ezra everyday.



No comments: