Friday, November 17, 2017

Perfect protection!

“Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭57:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/psa.57.1.nlt


Do you feel the protection of the Lord in the midst of attacks? In the middle of personal arracks it is so easy to get focused on the assault or more likely the direction the attack is coming from. That's the first place I go. My defenses go up and my natural response is to return fire. But, as I get older and rely on the Lord more, I find it easier not to respond. I find it easier to let the Lord repel the attacks. I find I am more comfortable turning inward and turning to the Lord. Although I think words CAN harm you, when you seek the spirit of the Lord for your protection, words lose their sting! 

I am thankful the Lord protects me through even the most vile situations. His perfect protection in my life is real. There are so many times I feel like lashing out but don't. Every bone of my body wants to go on the attack and then a peace settles over me, the Holy Spirit takes over and the Lord wins. Praise God for his presence in my life! His protection comes in many forms and I am more aware of it in this wonderful life he has built for me!

No comments: