Saturday, November 18, 2017

Do not compromise!

“Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. You have charged us to keep your commandments carefully. Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:1-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/psa.119.1-5.nlt

There is nothing I value more than integrity. I am constantly evaluating my own actions to see if they match my faith. It saddens me when I do or say something contrary to my faith. But I constantly pursue the level of integrity that the Lord demands. We are charged to keep the commands and decrees of the Lord. It's not easy but so important. We can not expect our faith to spread if we do not have people of integrity pushing that faith.

Our world does not value integrity as much as it does power, fame, and money. We vote for politicians even after they have proven to be unethical. We give passes to the powerful that we would never give the "normal" people of our world. As Christians we need to promote the value of integrity and we need to be on the forefront in showing how it needs to be done. Search your heart, constantly. 

Lord, we need you. We need you help in showing others how to live. We need to defeat the sinful flesh and listen to your spirit at fills our hearts. Amen!

No comments: