Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Lord, we need your help!

“Solomon had answers for all her questions; nothing was too hard for the king to explain to her.”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭10:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1ki.10.3.nlt

I love teaching kids. I have the privilege to work with students who ask a lot of questions. They are so curious and work hard at their learning. I am pretty good at math. There aren't too many times when I can't answer there questions or help them learn Math. When you start getting into other subjects like History, English, and Science, I try, but there are times when I just don't know the answer. I know the limits of my wisdom. I know my strengths.

There are so many times in life I just don't know the answer. I don't understand the thoughts that drive a man to kill 26 people worshipping the Lord. I don't understand a man planning to murder people a concert. I don't understand the need to take the life of an unborn child. I don't understand people discriminating based on faith, color of skin, or any other predetermined criteria. I don't understand how we ignore the poor and the real slaughter of people in our big cities. I want to fix these things, but I just don't know how. We need help! We can't fix these things on our own. We need the power of the Lord. We need more people to come to the Lord and ask him for wisdom and guidance. We need to bow our heads, drop to our knees, and plead for him to intervene in this wild and crazy world. Come Lord Jesus!

Dear Lord, we need you now more than ever. Please Lord make your presence known to the people of Sutherland Texas. Comfort the families, comfort this small community, comfort our country as we mourn the loss of theses people as they gathered to worship you. We need your wisdom in how to solve the issues of hate and violence in our country. We are all deeply affected and deeply saddened by this tragedy. Amen!

No comments: