Monday, November 6, 2017

Life and Death

“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/php.1.21.

Life is so simple. It's supposed to be simple. We make it so complicated. Sin makes it so complicated.  Why do I do what I do? I always need to reflect on my life. I need to examine myself to see if my actions match this simple verse. Am I living my life for Christ? Am I living my life with Christ's purpose showing through in my daily words, thoughts, and actions? My life needs to reflect Christ. If I can do this so that people see what I have, then they too will see death as gain. They will see death as a beginning not an end. But, if I don't live my life for Christ, if they see my Christian walk as hypocrisy, they will be repelled away from him. They will not see eternal life. The difference between life and death is Christ alone.

Dear Lord, Test me. Search me. Help me to see my motives and direct my life so I can truly live for you. I want to serve you and only you. Please, Lord, fill me with your plan. Fill me with your spirit so I can lead others to the cross and ultimately eternal life. Destroy the sin in my life and help me to overcome the challenges in front of me. I want to be an example for others. I want them to see you in me. Amen!

No comments: