Friday, October 27, 2017

I've learned a lot.

“So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech.”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:15-17‬ ‭MSG‬‬
http://bible.com/97/2th.2.15-17.msg
http://bible.com/97/2th.2.15-17.msg


It's great to know the Lord is always with us directing our steps, encouraging us, and invigorating our work. I can’t tell you the number of times these past 5 months I really wanted to give up. But the Holy Spirit has lifted me up. I have a new, quite surprising direction , which has instilled a hope missing at the end of May. While I still struggle with bouts of depression about the changes, God has been very active in his perfect love to assure me HE is in charge. I have been able to keep my head high even through the barrage of attacks. It’s not through my own will. It’s through Jesus.

I hold on to what I have been taught. Yes, I am constantly learning and my teacher is the Spirit of the Lord. I am constantly learning  by the experiences of life, a life built by my loving God. When I asked Jesus into my life at the age of 12 years old, I asked him to direct my life and he has certainly done that. I have been encouraged and given confidence each step I have taken down the path. Praise God for his powerful hand. Praise God he cares so much about me and the life I lead. 

No comments: