Thursday, October 19, 2017

I fail..... often!

“And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭13:14-15‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jhn.13.14-15.

 I should be more bold. I should be a better example. I should do more. I need to take all the pain and hurt of my friends and family and make it my own. Jesus did that for me. I need to be able to do it for others.

I have read and studied Jesus and his teachings my entire life. I should be better at taking his example and following it. I see his sacrifices and just haven't  made that same commitment. He has loved me, sacrificed for me, held me accountable, and kept me from destroying myself through foolish choices. Simply put, I have failed if I can't do this for others. I have the full power of Jesus at my disposal. Why can't I use it?

Dear Lord, forgive me. I'm weak and need your power, strength, grace, mercy, and peace. I pray that I can follow your example and be there for my friends and family. The world surrounds us with sin and evil. We can not overcome it f we don't place you in the center of our lives and live like you did. We need you Lord. Amen!

No comments: