Friday, October 20, 2017

Patiently waiting!

“Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27:14‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/psa.27.14.nlt

My Achilles! My vulnerability! My Pure weakness!

Patience!

 I am impatient with my family, friends, ministry, and YES, I am impatient with my wonderful Heavenly Father! I want to change everyone NOW! I want everyone to come to the Lord, NOW. I want to solve world hunger, injustice, poverty, illness, cancer, NOW! I want to retire NOW! But I know I have to be patient, Gods plans for me are perfect and sometimes they take time to bloom. I just need to wait patiently.

When it comes to patience I do not understand!

These verses help! Why? Because it shows me the Lord really understands. He understands our lack of patience. He offers us compassion when he implores us to be brave and courageous in the midst of our impatience. Life rarely progresses at a "satisfactory" pace for me! But I trust in the Lord and even though I have no patience, I can survive knowing the Lord is in charge of all things. I can endure the pain, the suffering, the sinfulness of this world because Jesus is with me! I feel his comfort. I feel his presence providing me bravery and courage. I could not survive without him. I am honored that regardless what I have done in my life, regardless of the sins I have committed or the grave mistakes I have made, he has never given up on me, HIS PATIENCE is perfect.

No comments: