Friday, October 6, 2017

I know Jesus

“We proclaim to you the one who existed from the beginning, whom we have heard and seen. We saw him with our own eyes and touched him with our own hands. He is the Word of life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1jn.1.1.nlt

Have you ever dreamed about what it would have been like walking with Jesus? To see him, to hear him preach, to just be in his presence. This majestic verse makes me jealous of the first disciples. Yet, I can tell you, personally, that Jesus is just as real, just as active, today as he was when he walked this earth.

 I know Jesus. He knows me.

Sure, I haven't been able to grab his hand, see his smile, or walk with him in the physical sense but I feel him just the same. I can see his gentle guidance in my life. His direction and wisdom are present in some of my decisions. When I look back at what I have done, I can see twists and turns in the direction of my life that are not just luck, coincidence, or by some brilliant plan I have devised. They are only by the hand of God.

I praise the Lord for his real presence in my life and the active role he plays. I love you Lord! I want nothing more than to serve you and bring others to this same relationship.

No comments: