Wednesday, October 18, 2017

"Take Courage. I am here"

“But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here! ””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NLT‬‬


The older and older I get, the more I need Jesus. It's not that I DIDN'T need him when I was younger. I certainly did. But, the more life experiences I have the more I realize I can not do life alone. Trials and tribulations, unexpected tragedies, and loss can lead us to give up hope. The sin that surrounds us rips apart families, friends, and communities. We can live our life in great fear. Not with Jesus.

We, our nation, our world, and yes, little Garrett, Indiana, need the courage and hope of the presence of Jesus. We will not be overwhelmed when we turn to the Son of God. Right now, I need to remember this. I need to relive all the Jesus has done for me and all the "Life" he's gotten me through.  

Dear Lord, please make your presence known in my life and the lives of my friends and family. We need you every day as we face the sin and pain that is so prevalent in our world. I praise you for all that you have done for me. It is only your grace that has brought me thus far. Praise God for his love. Amen!

No comments: