Saturday, October 21, 2017

I've been silent!

“But Peter and John replied, “Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard.””
‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭4:19-20‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/act.4.19-20.nlt


I have been pretty quiet lately, especially at school. Really I am a very contemplative person. I'm a thinker and over the past several months I have been thinking a lot about what God has planned for me in the next phase of my life. While I'm thinking, contemplating, I just want to be alone. If I avoid communication with people maybe they will just leave me alone.

Theses verses are still true. God doesn't want us to stop telling about the things he has done for us. There is a time and a place to open up the floodgates of his grace and mercy. He want us to tell our story, but sometimes we need to stop talking and listen. We need to let the spirit of the Lord speak and we need to be quiet so we can hear him. God has been speaking. A plan is forming, not from my own thoughts and desires but his. I feel the Spirit of the Lord at work. I can see the path slowly take shape before me. While I wait to see the entire picture develop, I will continue to remain silent, listening for direction, praying, and spending time away from the crowds. If you wonder what's wrong with me? Nothing is wrong. Im just waiting on the Lord! I'm in a season where I greatly look forward to the Lord speaking and I want to hear less from the world.

No comments: