Saturday, October 7, 2017

Just me and a Barn Owl

“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jhn.14.16.nlt

I am all set up this morning with fresh coffee ready,  serving at a Biker Event for ABATE of Indiana Region Zero.  It's pretty quiet right now. I'm all alone except for a barn owl hooting to break up the silence. I love the times of quiet . I don't get much quiet,  alone time. But as I sit here reading my bible I'm taken by the thought that I'm never really alone. Sitting in the stillness of this new day I am very aware of the presence of the Lord, the Holy Spirit, filling my heart. The truth is, that same spirit, is with me even in the chaos of a full day at school or a motorcycle event. I just don't take the time to feel his presence. That's a shame.

I need to be more aware of the presence of the Lord. If I wait until the quiet of a morning when it's just me and a barn owl, I am missing out on the many blessings that come through the Lord. I need to be aware of his guiding in tough decisions, his love through service and the joy that is missing in this world. The joy, the peace, It's all there but we are so busy it passes us by. Forgive me Lord for ignoring your presence in every moment of my life. I say I need thee every hour, but don't even take a second to feel your presence. Forgive me Lord. Amen!

No comments: